Wednesday, September 1, 2010

That's it! I'm moving the blog!


I have some good news at last -- I have finally been able to get the new computer I've had to put off for three to four years!  (It's horribly expensive to be ill in this country, but it isn't exactly cheap to find out you aren't, to stay that way, or to stay insured…)  So I am now using a machine with literally a dozen times the processor speed of the one I'm leaving behind, with as much RAM as the old one had hard-drive capacity, and some very nice new software.  (Of course, I'll be a while learning how to use it…)  But it looks like I'll be able to return to work on updating and revamping my site.

As if to help burn the bridge behind me, the update I was given to make to my (former) site blog promptly severed the connection to its database.  I was tired of dealing with its cumbersome editor anyway (especially when I wanted to insert a pic), so it was plainly time to start a new blog (and the last entry in the old one was made in 2007, so it's just as well).

I will have a new, compatible scanner later this month and should be able to begin making updates without having to use (stealthily) my computer at work.  So here's hoping for better days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment